Saturday, February 7, 2015

Taco Pasta Bake

I have seen this recipe floating around the internet for awhile but wasn't sure how I would like the taco taste in pasta.   I am glad I finally tried it.  This meal is perfect for nights you are running behind and want to throw something together fast.   

My son has never eaten so fast or so much in one sitting.  He ate 3 huge helpings and then talked about the awesome pasta the rest of the night.  I felt like a world class mom!  :)  

I like that the taco seasoning isn't too overpowering; just enough to add some good flavor.  I also like that it is creamy.  I wasn't sure it would be with the lack of ingredients but I was impressed.  Try it out if you are looking for something filling, great, and fast!


Taco Pasta Bake

1 lb noodles like penne or bow tie
1 lb  ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning or 1/4 cup taco seasoning
1 cup water
1 package cream cheese
2-3 cups cheese (I used mild cheddar)
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta in one pot and beef in another.  Drain excess fat out of the meat and add the taco seasoning, water and cream cheese.  Add 1/2 of the cheese and salt and pepper to mixture and stir until everything is creamy and delicious.  Stir in noodles and pour into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Up the oven to broil for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly.

To spice up your life try adding diced onions, corn, beans, or whatever else your heart desires to this pasta beauty.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment