Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Snickerdoodle Swig Cookies

I was at a church activity the other night when I walked by the dessert table and saw these bad boys sitting on the table.  I grabbed one, then two, then three and finally just had to go home to stop myself from eating them....holy cow they were so good!  I am a cookie lover to the fullest and these were an amazing twist on the swig sugar cookie recipe.  Thank you to my friend Sarah for sharing her secrets!

This recipe calls for cinnamon chips.  I buy them at my local Walmart but you can also find them at any bosch store or online too.  During Christmas time they are a lot easier to hunt down at your local store so now would be a good time to look!


Now onto the recipe.  This recipe makes a lot of dough.  If you want, you may half it, freeze 1/2 the dough or cookies, or what I like to do...make them all and give them to my friends.  The friends you feed are friends for life.  :)  Since it makes a lot of dough, use a big bowl for mixing.  Learn from my mistakes below: 


Meet my best friend.  I use this cookie scoop for everything.  It holds about 3 Tbsp so it makes nice, big cookies.  I always justify to myself that if I make big cookies I will only eat one big cookie instead of a bunch of little ones.  Sometimes this logic works...  If you enjoy making food, this is a must get item.  These scoops are so useful I would probably run back into my house and grab them if it was on fire.


 Enough writing and here is the recipe!


Snickerdoodle Swig Cookies
Makes roughly 40 large cookies

Ingredients:
1 C butter - room temperature
3/4 C vegetable oil
1 1/4 C sugar
3/4 C powdered sugar
2 T water
2 large eggs
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t cream of tartar
1 t salt
5 C flour
1 bag cinnamon baking chips
optional: a dash of cinnamon in the dough for extra flavor!

Equal parts cinnamon and sugar to roll cookies in


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter, oil, sugars, water, and eggs.

Combine dry ingredients and add them to wet mixture.

Mix until well combined and add 1 C.(about 1/2 bag) to 1 2/3 C (full bag) chips.

Scoop out cookies and roll into ball.  Roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture and place on cookie sheet.

Dip the bottom of a cup in the cinnamon and sugar and smash each cookie down until it looks like the below cookies.  Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.  Let cool and devour!


This is what they look like before they are cooked.  They puff up while in the oven.

 Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment