Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Oatstraw Tea is Amaaazing!


I have had a ton of people asking me about oatstraw tea so I decided to write about it!  The first two weeks of post pregnancy are the hardest for me.  I went to the Dr. and got a prescription for some pills but wasn't feeling very good about them.  I had my husband give me a priesthood blessing and felt like I needed to look around for other options.  My mom mentioned this tea to me so I started it ASAP.  (Note: I am NOT against pills.  I just felt like I needed to try natural remedies first.)

I drank the tea twice a day for almost 6 months straight.  There were days I skipped or forgot to take it but I was pretty consistent.  The first time I started taking it, within a few days I could feel a difference.  My anxiety was manageable and I felt more in control.  My overall health also seemed to improve....google "what does oatstraw tea do" if you don't believe all the amazing things it can do.  It helps during pregnancy, with anxiety, metabolism boost, etc.

I ran into a problem where I would have a few really good days so I would stop making the tea. The tea seems to take a few days to get out of my system so after awhile of being tea free I would start feeling the anxiety creep back in and I would have to start all over again.  When my anxiety isn't as intense, the tea tends to kick in faster.  

The tea takes about 30 minutes to make.  I make 2-4 batches of tea at a time and then put it in cups and store it in the fridge so I don't have to spend as much time making it each day.  You can add a little honey to it and it tastes super good but most of the time I would just drink it plain.  Depending on how much your water cooks down you drink around 1/2 cup to 1 cup each time.  It tastes like watery oatmeal and really not bad.   

I haven't found the tea local anywhere yet but there are plenty of kinds to buy online.  Here is where I normally buy the tea.  I buy 6 boxes at a time to make it worth it and it stores great.  Make sure to follow the medicinal recipe on the box for it to be nice and potent!

Pros:
It works and fast!
Tastes good
Natural
Helps the whole body in addition to anxiety and depression
It is cheap
It stores in the fridge for a few days so you can make a big batch at once
Did I mention it really works!!

Cons:
Can't find local
Tastes gross cold
Time consuming if you make one batch at a time

This stuff really is amazing.  The biggest trick....actually making and drinking it regularly to see the results.  So try this awesome stuff and let me know what you think!!


No comments:

Post a Comment