Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Brown Sugar Salmon

I grew up in Washington where salmon bakes and ward parties were synonymous.  I love the texture, taste and health benefits of salmon.  Growing up we normally stuck to the mayo, lemon juice, chives, and paprika topping, which is delicious; however, I have been addicted to this sweeter marinade for awhile now.  If you like a thicker glaze, add more brown sugar to your mix, if you like more of a tang, add more lemon juice.  I love this recipe as well because you can cook it year round in your oven!
http://www.platefodder.com/2012/08/copper-river-salmon-big-thaw.html

Brown Sugar Salmon
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup lemon
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. lemon pepper
2-3 lbs of salmon (I like to buy my salmon at Costco - it never has a fishy flavor)

Mix all ingredients together in a gallon sized bag.  Add salmon and marinate for at least 1 hour.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Wrap salmon in a tinfoil tent (I put one piece of tinfoil on bottom and one on the top and seal around the edges), brush with marinade, and bake for 15-25 minutes until flaky and cooked through.

I recommend serving with broiled broccoli and quinoa cooked in veggie or chicken broth!  mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment