Monday, December 16, 2013

Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip

I love cheese.  Who doesn't?  This dip is a crowd pleaser and goes fast.  I recommend doubling it if more than 6 people will be eating it.

I am not a huge frozen spinach fan.  The texture and taste are very overpowering to me so I decided to freeze fresh spinach and use that instead.  I used a little over a cup and chopped the frozen spinach up right before I added it to the rest of the ingredients.  I love how it turned out.  I don't think I will ever buy prepackage frozen spinach again.

Enjoy this cheesy concoction!!



Cheese Spinach Artichoke Dip

1 jar (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped (I love to use the Cara Mia brand found at any major grocery store)
1 1/2 cups fresh frozen spinach or 1 C frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained.
3/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 Cup mayo
2 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese 
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Paprika and chili powder to taste - I sprinkle this on top before I bake but you could also add it to the dish.  I like the color it gives the dish.

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients until well blended.

Spoon into 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish. (or 9x13 for doubled recipe)


Bake 25-30 min. or until bubbly and heated through. 

Serve with french bread or chips!

(Someday I will take pictures of my food before I eat it but until then here is a picture I think the dip looks closest to, thank you applebees  http://menulus.com/applebees/item/spinach-artichoke-dip-6/)

No comments:

Post a Comment